Monday, May 18, 2009

Nobody told me there'd be days like this

I am super thin skinned today. I find myself bursting into tears without notice or provocation. Well, maybe a little provocation. I am living in a man house and that's not always the easiest thing in the world. I've had to make a concentrated effort not to bite his head off and put him in his place. I hate being like this. When I get too angry I can get vicious. My Lady has a wicked tongue. I always regret it. Most of the time regret it before I even do it. Today has been all about practicing patience. I deserve a medal for not ripping his head right off his body. Tragically he hasn't done anything so awful to deserve this. He's just doing it consistently enough that it adds up. You can only pour so much water in the cup before it spills over. On the plus side, I've been able to help out a couple of friends lately. I mean really help them when they were the most in need. What a joyous feeling that is. Every time I'm given the chance to do something like this it reminds me of the wonderful people in my life who were there to help me when I needed it. What a marvelous thing to have and share. Maybe I'm trying to justify my behaviour towards MyJohn. If I'm nice to everyone else then it's okay to be grumpy at him. I need a nap. All this thinking today has left me rather grumpy too.

No comments: